Effective date: 1st day of August, 2022
(the "Site") is owned and operated by Law & Legal Pty Ltd in Australia (ABN 24 078 537 943). Law & Legal Pty Ltd is the data controller and can be contacted at:
1. The personal data we will collect;
2. Use of collected data;
3. Who has access to the data collected;
4. The rights of Site users; and
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR"). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
By using our Site users agree that they consent to:
When the legal basis for us processing your personal data is that you have provided your consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, it will not make processing which we completed before you withdrew your consent unlawful.
You can withdraw your consent by: Contacting the Data Protection Officer.
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR. We rely on the following legal bases to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU:
1. Users have provided their consent to the processing of their data for one or more specific purposes;
2. Processing of user personal data is necessary for us or a third party to pursue a legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest is not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of users. Our legitimate interest(s) are: Providing accurate data;
3. Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of a user, steps before entering a contract or for the performance of a contract to which a user is a party. If a user does not provide the personal data necessary to perform a contract the consequences are as follows: You cannot use this website; and
4. Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation. If a user does not provide the personal data necessary for us to perform a legal obligation the consequences are as follows: You cannot use this website.
California (USA) Residents
Law & Legal Pty Ltd does not sell consumer personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration. Under the California Consumer Protection Act (hereafter “CCPA”), California residents are granted five (5) consumer rights that Law & Legal Pty Ltd will uphold:
· The right to know which personal information is being collected.
· The right to know if personal data is being sold or shared, and to whom.
· The right to object to the sale of personal data.
· The right to access one’s own personal information.
· The right to equal service and price, even for consumers who exercise their privacy rights.
Any Customer wishing to exercise a right to access personal information held by Law & Legal Pty Ltd must submit a verifiable consumer request to Law & Legal Pty Ltd by either:
, or telephone: +613-9583-2331
Please note that only an individual who is a resident of California (or the legal guardian of such individual in the case of a minor child) may make a request under the CCPA.
Personal Data We Collect
Data Collected Automatically
When you visit and use our Site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
Data Collected in a Non-Automatic Way
We may use all information we collect to analyse statistical use patterns and demographic data (basically, where our visitors come from and what demographic characteristics they have) and to improve our site to better serve our customers. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our Internet site. Your IP address is used to help identify your location and to gather broad demographic information. We may also prepare and keep statistical records and other data about you and other users of our Internet site, but we do that in a way that does not identify you or any other User personally. We may hire third parties to help us collect and analyse such data, and we may share such statistical data with third parties. Again, such statistical data will not specifically identify you or any other User. We use this information to help us make our Internet site more useful to visitors – to learn about the number of visitors to our Internet site, what part of the Internet site they are interested in, how long the use the Internet site, the number and size of any downloads, and the types of technology our visitors use.
How We Use Personal Data
We use your personal information to transact and communicate with you, if and when necessary, in connection with your use of our Internet site, process your orders, to respond to your questions, or to send you material and information you request. We may use your information to:
· Personalise your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and information in which you are most interested.
· Process, provide details thereof, and assist you to track and manage your purchases.
· Inform you of payments you have made and/or when a payment fails.
· Consider your suggestions and feedback.
· Possibly respond directly to you for clarification.
· Process your request for materials and/or information if you make one.
· Try to and answer your questions if you ask them.
· Register you for Support and Membership to our various services/products if you request it.
· Provide you with email messages and other information regarding upcoming events, new services, and any other general information about our products and services.
· We may also use your Internet site information in order to help diagnose problems and/or faults with our site(s).
Note: You may elect not to receive certain communications, either when you initially register at our site, or at any time thereafter.
Who We Share Personal Data With
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
1. If the law requires it;
2. If it is required for any legal proceeding;
3. To prove or protect our legal rights; and
4. To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
Law & Legal Pty Ltd retains the personal information collected on its Sites only as long as necessary to provide the services, products, subscriptions and information you request or as permitted by applicable law. Any information that is not or is no longer required to facilitate your relationship, transactions or record with Law & Legal Pty Ltd or is required by applicable law will be safely destroyed. You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
Personal data shall be subject to additional safeguards to ensure this data is processed securely. For example, we work hard to ensure data is encrypted when in transit and storage, and access to this data will be strictly limited to a minimum number of individuals and subject to confidentiality commitments.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to any of our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. When possible, encryption is used, both in transit and storage. Access controls within the organisation limit who may access information.
Our website(s) is hosted on Amazon Web Servers ("AWS"), so we rely in part on these third parties to protect the data you provide through it. When you pay us, third party payment processors collect your data and process the payment, and interact with your bank, digital wallet or credit card issuer. At any moment, you can change or delete that data. If you ask for your preferences to change or for data to be deleted, we keep a record that we deleted your data, e.g. (in an analogue way) "email@example.com has unsubscribed from our notifications and removed his country of residence."
We never transfer your data outside of the United Kingdom ("UK") or European Economic Area ("EEA") unless we have your explicit consent for it, or on the basis of specific safeguards in individual circumstances of which we’ll let you know if they apply to your data.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
Your Rights as a User
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
1. Right to be informed;
2. Right of access;
3. Right to rectification;
4. Right to erasure;
5. Right to restrict processing;
6. Right to data portability; and
7. Right to object.
The minimum age to use our website is 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data their parent or guardian may contact our data protection officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact our data protection officer here:
Do Not Track Notice
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that you can set in certain web browsers. We do not track the users of our Site over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user's hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user's browsing habits. You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
We use the following types of cookies on our Site:
Functional cookies are used to remember the selections you make on our Site so that your selections are saved for your next visits;
Analytical cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Site by collecting data on how you access our Site, for example data on the content you access, how long you stay on our Site, etc; and
Targeting cookies collect data on how you use the Site and your preferences. This allows us to personalise the information you see on our Site for you.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in the Contact Information section so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue. If you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact a supervisory authority. You also have the right to directly make a complaint to a supervisory authority. You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority by contacting the Law & Legal Pty Ltd, Senior Legal Counsel, at:
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, you can contact our data protection officer, Legal Department, at: